Massage therapy is the hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of your body including your joints, muscles, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments.
Massage therapy is a safe and natural health alternative that can help alleviate soft tissue discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular over-use, trauma and other musculoskeletal disorders. It encourages the body's own healing process, which decreases healing time, and is an excellent form of preventative health care.
Benefits of massage:
1. Decrease or elimination of musculoskeletal pain
2. Recommended for conditions including, but not limited to:
- plantar fasciitis, ITB syndrome, shin splints
- headaches, neck pain, whiplash, thoracic outlet syndrome
- low back pain, postural disorders, scoliosis, sciatica
- diabetes, lymphatic disorders, edema
- improved circulation of blood and movement of sluggish lymph fluids
- stress relief
- increased sense of well-being and positive mood changes
Massage therapy is very effective when added to your existing physiotherapy or rehabilitation program, or as an added component to your wellness/fitness plan. Much research has been done that reinforces the benefits of massage in decreasing heart rate, reducing blood pressure, relaxing muscles, improving flexibility & range of motion.
So whether you are recovering from surgery, rehabilitating from an injury, wanting improved sports performance, or just need to relax after a stressful day, call us to book an appointment. Let us show you how massage therapy can be a powerful tool to help you take charge of your health & well-being.